Fundraiser for local Olympian Kyle Carr | News
PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. -- The third time's the charm for Kyle Carr -- the Georgia speed skater made the 2014 U.S. Olympic team after barely missing out in 2010 and suffering an injury in 2006.
Now, the community is holding a fundraiser to send Kyle to Sochi in style.
On Saturday, Feb. 1 at 4 p.m., Kyle's mother Lisa Cervantes and others will host the event at Brixx Pizza in Peachtree City. The restaurant is located in The Avenue shopping center at the intersection of Highway 54 and Joel Cowan Parkway.
Everyone is invited to attend and show their support for Kyle and Team USA.
MORE LOCAL OLYMPIANS
* Anonymous donor helps Kyle's mother go to Sochi
* Bobsledder Elana Meyers makes U.S. Olympic team
* Elana Meyers prepares for Sochi, wedding
* Elana Meyers' parents root for their little Olympians
* Bobsledder Megan Hill battles back from concussion